The Election is HERE. Let’s do this, Henrico!
Early voting is underway, and we’re less than one month from Election Day. Let’s work hard during these last few weeks to get our statewide and local Democratic candidates elected!
If you’re wondering how you can help — this newsletter is for you!
Make a Plan to Vote
If you haven’t voted early, please make a plan to vote. And spread the word!
Learn more on the Henrico County Registrar’s webpage on at IWillVote.com.
Key voting notes/updates:
- You must have a witness signature on your mail-in absentee ballots!
- The last day to register to vote is Tuesday, October 12th.
- The deadline to request an absentee ballot is Friday, October 22nd.
- Saturday voting begins October 23rd.
Attend our October Meeting
Join us for our (virtual) monthly meeting next Monday, October 11th at 7pm. Details available on Facebook or our website. Or just click HERE on Monday to join the meeting.
We’ll cover all the ways you can help elect Democrats in November!
Join us for Glen Allen Day
The 25th Annual Glen Allen Day is Saturday, October 9th at Crump Park and Meadow Farm from 8am-3pm!
We need volunteers at the HCDC booth starting at 9am to contact voters and distribute literature as in years past. Sign up here: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/5080A48ACA62AAAF94-hcdc
Let’s get people excited about the Election and encourage them to Vote Blue!
Poll Greeters for Early Voting
We need volunteer poll greeters at the Eastern and Western Government Centers during early voting.
Poll Greeters will hand out Democratic Sample Ballots and yard signs, answer voting questions, and provide a friendly face for our friends and neighbors at the polls.
Our presence matters and we need more bodies to fill up the shifts! Please use the links below to sign-up for shifts.
- Eastern Henrico Government Center https://www.signupgenius.com/go/409094cafac2fa3ff2-eastern1
- Western Henrico Government Center https://www.signupgenius.com/go/409094cafac2fa3ff2-western1
- Stay tuned for information about volunteering at the Varina Public Library (a new satellite voting location) starting Monday, October 18.
Poll Greeters on Election Day
We need volunteers on Election Day at every precinct in Henrico County to:
- Greet voters and pass out sample ballots
- Help voters with problems and contact voter protection as needed
- Assist disabled voters with curbside voting
- Request voter turnout numbers from officers of election
To learn more or sign up go to:
- Brookland Sign-up: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/409094CAFAC2FA3FF2-20211
- Fairfield Sign-up: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/409094CAFAC2FA3FF2-20212
- Three Chopt Sign-up: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/409094CAFAC2FA3FF2-20213
- Tuckahoe Sign-up: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/409094CAFAC2FA3FF2-20214
- Varina Sign-up: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/409094CAFAC2FA3FF2-20215
Get Yard Signs
It’s time to paint the town blue!
We recently received a TON of McAuliffe-Ayala-Herring signs. The easiest way to get a sign is to VOTE EARLY. You can grab signs at the polls (and take some for your friends!).
In addition, we’ve set up a hub in each magisterial district where you can pick them up. You’ll find them in the driveway, or on a porch. Just grab and go!
Madigan Cochran (Brookland)
2322 Hilliard Rd
Henrico, VA 23228
Monica Hutchinson (Fairfield)
Contact Monica at email@example.com
Brittany Rose (Three Chopt)
12028 Bennett Ct,
Glen Allen, VA 23059
Alsúin Creighton-Preis (Tuckahoe)
7719 Rock Creek Rd,
Henrico, VA 23229
Terrence Walker (Varina)
6511 Canesville Lane
Henrico, VA 23231
You can also get yard signs–and sign up to volunteer–at the Western Henrico Campaign Headquarters for Delegates Schuyler VanValkenburg and Rodney Willett at 6714 Patterson Ave, Suite 103, Richmond, VA 23226.
Finally, if you need us to deliver a sign, please fill out a request here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfhILtCPzmiNC0SGf8OXGW2zlA8bJ21hdWz3TnhEYazW49wtA/viewform?usp=sf_link
Another way you can contribute is to help us deliver yard signs. Send us a note if you’d like to help.